Sanctuary is a project of City Praise Centre (Registered Charity No. 1160677 – www.citypraisecentre.com), working in partnership with Gravesend Methodist Church and Churches Together in Gravesham, whose objective is to support and befriend the homeless community, including those facing the prospect of homelessness and those re-entering accommodation. We do this by:
- Helping them to become part of a community
- Taking care and looking after their needs through direct help in providing:
- A safe, place to sleep
- Hot food and drinks
- Help in getting paperwork ID
- Signposting them to agencies who can help with:
- Physical and mental health
- Repatriation to their home country
- Helping them take responsibility in making something of their life as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
We are a Christian organisation and as such believe that fullness in life is experienced when someone enters into a personal relationship with God. However, we do not believe in ramming home our beliefs and welcome anyone of any race or belief. It is through our actions and love for mankind that we demonstrate the lifestyle we would like others to adopt.
As with any project involving funds raised from the public, the project is run and managed according to a strict code of governance. Sanctuary has it’s own bank accounts and a steering group made up of people from a number of Gravesham Churches.
Should you want to know anything not covered here, then do get in contact via the email: Sanctuary@citypraisecentre.com