There are a number of teams in which volunteers can serve. These include:
- Shelter team that provides showers, hot food and overnight sleeping arrangements including sleeping bags. This team operates 3 nights a week during December to March.
- Drop-in Centre that provides hot food and a place for guests to meet in the evening. This team operates Sunday and Thursday evenings during April – June. September – November.
- Food team that provides a packed lunch during the day. This team operates from Gravesend Methodist Church on Tuesdays between 10am and 2pm.
- Clothing team that provides new and second hand clothes. This team operates from Gravesend Methodist Church on an ‘as required’ basis.
- Laundry team who take care of getting clothes washed, dried and handed back to guests. This team operates from Gravesend Methodist Church on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday between 10am and 2pm, and on a Saturday between 10am and 12:30pm.
- Shower team who provide showers along with toiletries. This team operates from Gravesend Methodist Church on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 10am and 2pm.
- Reception Team. This team looks after the reception area in Gravesend Methodist Church, welcoming our guests and pointing them to the appropriate service.
- Prayer team. This team prays on a regular basis for the work of Sanctuary and is vital to our success.
We also have a Pastoral team who deal with individual guest issues and links them with appropriate agencies. This team is recruited from existing volunteers and is available by phone and at Gravesend Methodist Church Monday – Friday between 10am and 2pm.
If you would like to join one of these teams, then fill in the on-line application form that you can access from here.