Gravesham Sanctuary is a registered Charity (No.1181817 in England & Wales) and supported by Churches Together in Gravesham, to provide an overnight shelter during the coldest months of the year (October – April) for the homeless community living in the town. We do this by:
- Taking care of their needs through direct help in providing:
- A safe, place to sleep during the winter months
- Hot food and drinks
- Help in getting paperwork ID
- Signposting them to agencies and local groups who can help with:
- Clothing and Laundry
- Physical and mental health
- Repatriation to their home country
- Helping them to make something of their life as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
We are a Christian organisation and as such believe that fullness in life is experienced when someone enters into a personal relationship with God. However, we do not believe in ramming home our beliefs and welcome anyone of any race or belief. It is through our actions and love for mankind that we demonstrate the lifestyle we would like others to adopt.
As with any project involving funds raised from the public, the project is run and managed according to a strict code of governance. Gravesham Sanctuary CIO is an independent charity with its own bank account and a steering group made up of people from a number of Gravesham Churches.
You can download the latest Governance document from here:
You can download our latest annual report from here:
Should you want to know anything not covered here, then do get in contact via the email: Office@GraveshamSanctuary.uk